The purpose of the USC Economics Association is to foster a strong community of economics students, faculty, and alumni, and to allow USC students to engage with economics beyond the classroom setting. The Economics Association provides diverse programming ranging from policy discussions to film screenings to networking events.
What We've Achieved
- In October 2016, we organized a lively debate on the economic policies of presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
- In Spring 2017, we worked with the Economics Leadership Council to organize an Economics Networking Night. Alumni from industries such as consulting and investment banking spoke with current students about their respective fields.
- In Spring 2017, we led an off-campus trip to the Los Angeles branch of the Federal Reserve Bank.
- At our orientation event in Fall 2017, a panel of upperclassmen spoke about their involvement on campus and how they're using economics in their future careers.
- In Fall 2017 we worked alongside the Economics Leadership Council to host the Economics Career Bootcamp featuring interview preparation and resume review led by USC alumni